Vermeulens is a North American leader in cost consulting and value engineering with over 45 years in the industry, specializing in pre-construction cost control in the institutional sectors of health-care, higher education, science and technology, and cultural facilities. Working in partnership with owners and architects on over 150 projects per year spanning the United States and Canada, their work represents over $10 billion in construction volume.
Due to rapid growth we are seeking a dynamic individual to complement the team in Texas. This is a unique opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Senior Project Manager/Estimator - Preconstruction
As a Senior Project Manager/Estimator at Vermeulens, you will be working closely in partnership with owners and architects on projects spanning the United States. This role can be based in or within commuting distance to Dallas or Houston or San Antonio as the incumbent will be managing clients within these areas. This opportunity is primarily home based but does require regular on-site client meetings.
If you are looking to join a close-knit, collaborative environment that feels like family while working on exciting and prestigious projects, look no further!
- Client and project management, face to face interaction with owners, architects, construction management companies, etc.
- Preparation of detailed quantity takeoffs
- Reviewing and comparing estimates
- Communicating estimate, variances and reconciliations to clients
- Reviewing bids
- Participating in value engineering and life-cycle costing studies
- Analysis of design documentation
- Building relationships, showing leadership and collaboration
- Integrating with estimate production team and process
- Ability to use On Screen Take-Off estimation software or similar
Requirements of the Senior Project Manager/Estimator:
- Strong experience managing large scale projects ideally within the institutional, healthcare, science and technology, or higher education industries (construction or pre-construction experience only = IT/Software or other experience will not be considered).
- Must have experience managing construction projects within at least one of the following industries: health-care, higher education, science and technology, cultural facility projects or similar scope.
- Construction or pre-construction project management experience with knowledge of estimating is desirable
- College degree, construction management or business related; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, utilizing well-developed time management technique
- Proven ability to monitor project costs, perform cost analysis, and prepare project reports
- Ability to work independently and autonomously as well within a team environment
- Ability to lead client meetings articulately while displaying ultimate professionalism
- Highly developed computer and technical skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Access etc. as well as estimating software - eg: On-Screen Take-off or similar
Excellent compensation package which includes competitive base salary base, bonus, share plan/401K, health benefits, vehicle and education/training allowance.
Vermeulens goes above and beyond to maintain its outstanding reputation in their field of expertise. Truly, Service Beyond Estimation™