As North America’s construction economists, we offer our staff a career within a well-respected professional services firm that has a reputation for excellence and innovation. We work with top-tier architects and owners in the institutional sectors of higher education, science and technology, healthcare, and cultural facilities.
With over 150 projects per year spanning both the United States and Canada, Vermeulens estimates over $10 billion in construction volume.
We are always interested in dynamic individuals to complement our team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Vermeulens is not your typical employer. Here are some qualities that make us an employer of choice:
- Successful - Over 150 new projects each year, representing over $10 billion in construction volume.
- Independent - We specialize in pre-construction services, which include estimates from programming through construction documents, reconciliation of scope to budget, and bid review. We have no vested interest in the construction of the project and are able to be truly independent.
- Sustainability - Majority of the projects we estimate are either LEED certified or Net Zero Energy. We have compiled a Green at No Cost list of sustainable items that can benefit our clients.
- National - We provide a Service Beyond Estimation® to our clients throughout North America from our offices in Boston, New York, Toronto, San Antonio, Denver, and Los Angeles.
- Small 'c' corporation - Still very professional with a more approachable management team and greater ability to be responsive to our clients.
- Qualified - Well-rounded estimating team with full in-house MEP estimating capability.
- Continuity - 75% of our staff have been with the firm for at least 5 years. 25% of our staff has been with the firm for more than 20 years.
- Mentoring - We believe in mentoring at all levels. Hands-on experience develops and reinforces individual knowledge and as a consequence increases the value of the firm to our clients.
- A Flexible Working Environment - To allow you to achieve the work/life balance that fits your situation.
- Innovative - Vermeulens was at the forefront of developing the industry standards of the Elemental System of Measurement and Uniformat. We have been using graphic area analysis and custom databases for over 30 years. We are market leaders in the utilization building information models and real time estimate updates.
- Business Development - All our BD leaders benefit from engaged participation from Principals and a collaborative strategy sharing methodology when approaching new clients or markets.
- Market Intelligence - Our Beyond Estimation Market Outlook is updated quarterly with recently reconciled project data, macro, and micro economic indicators for the US economy. This data drills down to the state and city level to help us forecast project contingencies and escalation.
- Thought Leadership - We have several well-researched presentations that have been delivered at numerous conferences and by individual client requests.
Current positions are listed below. Please click on the PDF link to view full job descriptions. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entry Level - Pre-Construction Cost Estimator
Intermediate Level - Structural Architectural Cost Estimator
Senior Level - Structural Architectural Cost Estimator